- Please do not enter Work Zones
- Please observe caution tape on or around a pool or spa and do not remove it or enter the water. Only authorized GVR staff members are allowed to remove caution tape and reopen a pool or spa. Conditions may exist, such as chemicals being out of balance in the pool/spa, that may be dangerous to the health of bathers
- As another reminder, please do not introduce body washes or body soaps into spa water.
- Use GVR Pools/Spas at Your Own Risk!
- No Lifeguard on Duty at any GVR Pool
- No Diving
- The Solar Gain project is officially underway.
- West Center Tennis Court Parking: Partial parking has been restored for the West Center Tennis Court Parking. Solar panels have been installed on the roofs of the Assembly and Crafts buildings.
- A one-day power down of the Administration Offices solar project will occur on May 23. This power down will close the Administration Offices and the CSR offices at West Center, East Center, Las Campanas, and Canoa Hills
- The Administration Office portion of the project is underway. The three solar canopies are now under construction. Beams are installed for the Tennis Court Ramada and the North Administration Offices parking lot canopy. Parking around the Administration Offices will be severely restricted during this construction process.
- Canoa Hills: Installation of rooftop solar panels is underway. Canopy construction work is now underway.
- East Center: The large portion of the north parking lot has been established as a work zone for installation of the solar canopy. The canopy has been constructed and solar modules have been installed. Trench work from the canopy to the building has been conducted and passed inspections. The trench has been backfilled and asphalted.
- Canoa Ranch: Construction of the solar canopy structure is complete. Solar panels will be installed over the coming weeks. Installation of the rooftop panels is underway. Trenching work across the parking has passed inspections. The trench has been backfilled and asphalted.
- Desert Hills: Solar project construction work may begin the week of 6/3
- Santa Rita Springs: Solar project construction work may begin the week of 6/17
- Las Campanas Center: Solar project construction work may begin the week 7/8
- Architect and consultants are working on proposals for HVAC work at East Center, Desert Hills, Santa Rita Springs and West Center. The design plans are being finalized before submitting for permitting
- The site area is being cleared of any remaining construction debris left behind from the solar project.
- Work to convert the grass volleyball court to a sand court has begun. Two trees were removed to allow for the construction work and for a shade canopy that will be installed in coming months. The irrigation has been canceled and will be re-routed as new vegetation is installed in the near future. The border boards are installed and installation of artificial turf is underway. Completion of the project is scheduled for 5/28 with the courts ready for play on 5/29
- The temporary kiln and storage space for the GVR Glass Artists Club has received the C of O from Pima County and the club has begun to occupy the space
- The three solar canopies are now under construction. A one-day power down of the center will occur on 5/23. There will be very limited parking around the Administration Offices during the project
Casa Paloma 1
- The pool deck has been repainted.
- Pool and spa equipment replacements and upgrades were performed
- Resurfacing of the Shuffleboard courts has been completed. New benches have been installed and two benches has been placed at the horseshoe pits for the players
Casa Paloma 2
- Pool and spa equipment replacements and upgrades were performed
- Trenching work for the solar project has been completed. Some further concrete repairs to walkways and additional gravel will be added to restore the work area
- Site preparation work is underway in front parking lot. Fencing and barricades have been set up. Pedestrian and vehicle traffic entering and exiting the center will be redirected. Installation of rooftop solar panels are underway
- The east pool gate will be locked down temporarily from use as it exits out into the solar project work zone
- Construction of the solar canopy structure is complete. Solar panels will be installed over the coming weeks. Installation of the rooftop panels are underway.
- A poolside shade canopy will be installed in the coming months
- Tennis courts windscreens are in the process of being replaced
- Preliminary electrical work for the solar project at Desert Hills has been conducted
- The Pool and Spa will be closed beginning 5/20 for deck repairs/patching and painting. Reopening is scheduled for 5/25
- HVAC replacements will be conducted beginning the week of 5/20. The Fitness Room and Locker Rooms will be closed on 5/20 and reopen on 5/22. The Art Room, CSR Office and Game Room will be closed 5/22 and reopen on 5/24
- The large portion of the north parking lot has been established as a work zone for installation of the solar canopy. The canopy has been constructed and solar modules have been installed. Trench work from the canopy to the building has been conducted and passed inspections. The trench has been backfilled and asphalted. Temporary power has been run to provide power to the parking lot light poles.
- The parking lot will be seal coating near the end of May. Firm dates will be announced once the solar canopy construction project is finalized
- A leaking shower valve in the Men’s locker room was repaired
- Work to convert the tennis court to a post-tension court began on 3/25. Project duration is estimated to be between 65-70 days. The concrete has been poured for the court and is now curing. Once re-opened the ball machine will be relocated from Las Campanas to this court. Also, ADA ramps and concrete pads are being poured to allow more efficient access to the courts, recreation room and parking lot
Santa Rita Springs
- The chair lift for the pool was replaced with a new unit
- The club requested mechanical upgrades for the Woodshop is in process. Designs from the mechanical engineer have been received and the permit has been issued by Pima County. Some redesign work of the rooftop ducting is now required due to the solar panel layout design. Scheduling the contractor to perform the work is underway
- A large shade structure for tennis court #3 will begin the week of 5/20
- 669 work orders were issued in April 2019
- 2811 work orders have been requested Y.T.D.
Spas closed for scheduled cleaning and maintenance:
- Continental Vistas: 5/21
- Santa Rita Springs: 5/23