The proposed GVR Pickleball Center will be located at 2612 S. Camino de la Canoa in Green Valley. The design of the GVR Pickleball Center is recommended by the Pickleball Center Design Group and endorsed by the Planning & Evaluation Committee. When fully built-out, the GVR Pickleball Center will include 24-courts, an instructional court with tiered seating, a 1,650 sq. ft. building complete with restrooms, a meeting space, kitchen, and a multi-use storage area. Each Pickleball Court is 34 ft. by 68 ft., aligned North-South to abbreviate solar glare, and each court will be encompassed by 8-ft chain link fencing. Between each court exist 4-ft fencing to allow for round-robin play, and each gathering space contains 10-ft wide walkways and shade canopies. The parking lot will accommodate 114 spaces, 24-ft two-way access aisles, and 4 ADA-compliant parking spaces. Low-water-use trees will provide shade for each court while minimizing debris shedding.
Check back here later for more updates.
SCHEDULE AS OF FRIDAY, April 19, 2019
- 4-02-19: Building plans are submitted for Pima County plan review (2 weeks)
- 4-11-19 GVC P&A Committee reviewed building plans. GVC approved the 24 Pickleball Court Center plans and submitted written approval to Pima County Development Services
- 4-15-19 Final stages of Pima County review prior to issuance of site construction permit
- 4-23-19: Building design submitted to Pima County
- 4-29-19: Development Plan Permit issued
- 5-1-19: WSM issues Invitation for Bids to prequalified selected General Contractors. Bid period is approximately 3 weeks.
- 5-29-19: Approximate Bid Review date:
- GVR and WSM review bids
- 6-5-19: Approximate Bid Award Date
Click HERE to view the full GANTT chart.
Presentations from the GVR Board Work Session on Thursday, January 17, 2019
Click HERE for the Pickleball Club’s Powerpoint presentation.
Click HERE for the GVR Pickleball Club’s presentation exhibits.
Click HERE for the WSM Architects presentation.
The GVR Fiscal Affairs Committee:
Click HERE for the GVR Fiscal Affairs Committee presentation.
The GVR Planning & Evaluation Committee Chair
Pickleball Mileage Chart
Click HERE for the Pickleball Mileage Chart
WSM GVR Member Forum Presentation on Thursday, December 13, 2018
Pickleball Development Forum Meeting Recording