Exhibits Schedule – October 2021
|Canoa Hills Social Center||Jan Holland Exhibit|
|Canoa Ranch Social Center|
|Desert Hills Social Center||Printmaker’s Guild SRAL|
|East Social Center||GVR Camera Club|
|Las Campanas Social Center||GVR Camera Club|
|West Social Center||John McGraw Exhibit|
Exhibition Center Guidelines
Exhibits are to provide Green Valley Recreation, Inc. members’ space to exhibit their original artwork (both two and three-dimensional) and to allow the community to enjoy their art.
GVR provides artists six exhibition areas at major centers: Canoa Ranch, Canoa Hills, Desert Hills, East Center, Las Campanas, and West Center. Exhibitors are required to contact the custodian where they are exhibiting at least 48 hours before their hanging date to check on a suitable time that day to hang their exhibit. At times, GVR may limit exhibition space due to construction and/or repairs to these areas.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY FEE
The Exhibition areas Centers are open only to GVR members. All artwork must be original and created by a GVR member. There is no entry fee to participate.
As security is minimal, artists exhibit at their own risk. GVR employees and volunteers assume no responsibility for loss or damage to exhibits. No insurance is provided for artwork. Please make prior arrangements with the custodial staff if you need them to hang your artwork with a ladder if you are not able to hang the artwork standing.
Our Policy for pricing of your exhibit artwork has changed.
Exhibiting artists are welcome to post the following information on or next to their pieces:
- Name of artist
- Title of piece, date completed
- Email and/or phone number of artists
- Brief notes about the piece
*Business cards and other business-promotions must not be posted, including links to artist’s websites or exhibits in non-GVR locations. Email and/or phone number only.
GVR will not be part of the sale—buyers must contact and decide with the artist, directly. In most cases, it is best if the piece remains in place until the end of the exhibit. In the event of an exception, at the time of removal, an appropriate replacement piece should be hung.
Space is determined using a lottery drawing. Each individual or group will submit a space request form and will be notified of the results. We require that you have enough pieces of art work to fill the exhibit space that you request.
Once you have been approved to display in one of the exhibit centers you must complete “Exhibition Center Registration form” for each artist. I have attached a Registration form and they are also available at the reception desk at any Center office. Applicants will complete the forms, listing each piece of artwork with the information requested to be included in the exhibit. The artist will return forms, listing each piece with the information requested. Forms must be returned to the Center where the exhibit space is located the day you hang with Artwork Received by signed. Then when you pick up your artwork sign the Artwork claimed by. Artists must return the application forms. The artist’s signature signifies compliance with the guidelines provided. If the center’s office is closed please take the form to closest center example Canoa Ranch and Desert Hills to Canoa Hills. The artists are responsible for supplying their own title cards with the artist name, name of piece and phone number.
Receptions are entirely the responsibility of the artist. The artist pays all expenses incurred. Email Jody Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the lobby area and kitchen if necessary. Publicity in newspapers and GVR publications is the responsibility of the artist.
- GVR will promote your Exhibit in GVR Now!. Please submit descriptive information about your exhibit for example the medium that was used, number of pieces, a little bit about the artist. Please email this information to Jody at email@example.com three months prior for proper advertising opportunites.
- On our website at www.gvrec.org from the home page click on “Things to do”, click on “Exhibition Schedule/Guidelines”
- On the LED monitors in all our major centers. If you would like to have some of your art work shown on the monitors in our major centers you can submit pictures and info via e-mail to Miles Waterbury at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important give your name, phone number and at what center you are exhibiting and the dates of the exhibit.
Each artist is responsible for each of the following:
- Each artist or group is responsible for organizing and hanging their own exhibit. Any artwork too high to hang standing must contact the custodian to hang. No exhibitor is allow to use a ladder. Please list the names of those who will hang the pieces.
- Artwork must be original and by a GVR member. Including current students in a GVR class as long as they are currently enrolled in the class at the time of the exhibition.
- Artwork must be properly framed in a professional manner for exhibition. Use standard picture wire which, when drawn taut, is two inches from the top of frame (no quick-frames, paste-on or saw-tooth hangers.)
- Plexiglas, instead of glass, must be used on any works over 36 inches in any direction.
- An artist’s statement (no bigger than 8 ½ x 11 inches) is permitted for individual exhibitors. Exhibiting groups are allowed a statement reflecting their group as a whole.
- Place name of artist, telephone number and title of work on the back of each entry before bringing in to the Exhibition Center.
- Each exhibitor is responsible for their own Exhibit cards. The cards should have the following information; artist name, name of piece and phone number. Listing prices is prohibited.
GREEN VALLEY RECREATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO:
- Limit the number of entries per individual.
- Refuse entries not conforming to display criteria, improperly framed, soiled, too fragile for safe display, or inconsistent display character.
- Decide placement of artwork in the Exhibit areas.
- Make the decision on what is the best day and time to hang so it will not interfere with other member activities.
Exhibition Center Locations and Phones
|Canoa Hills Social Center||3660 S Camino Del Sol||(520)625-6200|
|Canoa Ranch Social Center||5750 S Turquoise Mountain Dr||(520)631-0761|
|Desert Hills Social Center||2980 S Camino Del Sol||(520)625-5221|
|East Social Center||7 S Abrego Drive||(520)625-4641|
|Las Campanas Social Center||565 W Bell Tower||(520)648-7669|
|West Social Center||1111 Via Arco Iris||(520)625-0288|