Please check our homepage (gvrec.org) for current information and procedures.
**Please note the ticket purchase procedures have changed**
Tickets may be purchased via phone or mail. To purchase tickets by phone, please call (520) 625-3440, and choose option 4 for tickets. To purchase tickets by mail, please download the GVR Live! Ticket Order Form from our website, and mail the form along with your method of payment to the address listed on the form. Tickets will be held at Will Call for pick-up. Tickets are not mailed to patrons.
Individual tickets for the 2020-2021 Performing Arts Season go on sale October 1, 2020.
Currently, GVR is open to members only, but this will likely change with time. Please check to see if Guests and General Public are permitted prior to purchasing your tickets.
Ticket Refund/Exchange Policy
All ticket sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges for individual Member, Guest, or General Public tickets. In the event that a performance is canceled, refunds may be given. Every effort will be made to reschedule a performance that has been canceled.
Ticket Purchase with Exceptional Discounts
Due to the disruption in GVR Arts & Entertainment programming caused by COVID-19, season ticket packages will be suspended until the 2021-2022 season.
To help our membership and community with the cost of enjoying programming at West Center, GVR will be offering discounted ticket prices for our entire 2020-2021 season. All prices listed in the Season Brochure will have the 15% discount included. GVR Live! Dances are not included in this discount program.
Group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more by calling the Senior Arts & Entertainment Supervisor at (520) 625-3440, x7219.
Student discounts are also available for all performances. Students may be required to present a student ID when tickets are picked up. Please indicate your student status when purchasing tickets.
**Please note the current safety adjustments prior to your visit**
- Masks will be required on GVR property, please be sure to bring your mask!
- Free water will not be available. Please feel free to bring your own.
- All patrons will be required to sign a waiver or provide copy of one filled out. These are available on our homepage or from 8am-12pm at the West Center Box Office window in the lobby. If you have already signed a waiver, please bring your copy or have the picture available on your phone.
- Please check our website before you purchase tickets to see if Guests and General Public are permitted.
- GVR reserves the right to alter seating configurations to accommodate house size and social distancing as required.
- All GVR Live! Events are held at the West Center Auditorium. All GVR Live! Dances are held at the Canoa Hills Center Auditorium.
- Doors open approximately thirty (30) minutes prior to the performance or as indicated on the ticket. Every effort will be made to begin all performances on time.
- Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the House Manager; late seating may be unavailable if requested by the artists. Patrons are asked to arrive at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to the performance start time to ensure entrance and seating.
- The West Center Auditorium is general admission seating and available on a first come, first served basis at each performance.
- Seat saving is not permitted, however patrons are allowed to hold one (1) seat for one (1) companion only in the West Center Auditorium.
- Artists, dates, times, and programs are subject to change without advance notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The use of still, video, and audio recording devices of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Kindly silence your electronic devices prior to entering the Auditorium.
- As a courtesy to fellow patrons, please remove hats upon entering the Auditorium.
- Children five (5) years and under are not permitted to attend performances. Exceptions may apply for special engagements. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Some artists may set their sound levels at an intensity that is not suitable for all patrons. Complimentary earplugs are available from the Box Office or at Concessions.
The West Center is ADA accessible. ADA designated parking is available in the north and west lots. GVR makes all reasonable accommodations for those with special needs, including those with service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, with advanced notice. Please inform the Box Office during your purchase if you require wheelchair accessible/companion seating.
The House Manager will identify patrons with accessibility needs prior to opening the Auditorium doors. Patrons who have accessibility needs will be seated with the assistance of the House Manager and Volunteer Ushers.
West Center Auditorium is equipped with two Assisted Listening Systems: the Ampetronic Induction Loop and Williams Hearing Assist. Receivers and headsets/earbuds for the Williams Hearing Assist System are available for pickup at the Box Office thirty (30) minutes prior to performances. A photo ID is required to check out this equipment.
Cinema booster seats are available to provide a better view from any seating location. These may be requested by contacting the House Manager.
An Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is located in the West Center lobby. Please alert GVR staff in the event of an emergency.
Release of Accessibility Seating
All wheelchair accessible locations and adjacent companion seats will be held for patrons using a wheelchair, scooter, or anyone whose disability requires the use of the accessible locations. Designated seats that have not been sold will be released to all patrons five (5) minutes before start of show. Mobility
devices must be removed from fire lanes and aisles. The House Manager will gladly assist patrons with accessibility needs.
Volunteer & Share Your Passion for the Arts!
Each GVR Live! Season brings an exciting array of live entertainers and performers to Southern Arizona to entertain us and enrich lives in the community! If you share our passion for the arts and are a current GVR Member, we invite you to serve as an Arts & Entertainment Volunteer.
Our Volunteers assist us during performances by greeting and seating patrons, helping with merchandise and concession sales, and providing general assistance to guests. No experience is necessary as we will train you. The only requirements are a willingness to learn and to ensure our guests have a pleasurable experience while attending GVR’s performances. Volunteers also have opportunities to help at the GVR movies and dances!
Those interested in becoming an Arts & Entertainment Volunteer may send an email stating interest to: email@example.com