Most Common Themes
- Improve outreach and services to folks who struggle to access GVR facilities and digital news channels
- Improve member-friendly policies and practices (no-show fees, inflexibility with space reservations).
- Increase accessibility of financial information (produce simple pie charts, translate insider terms, identify what various funds are for). Provide easy-to-understand explanations for why dues increases are needed, especially what threat exists if dues are not increased.
What GVR Does Well
- Clean facilities
- Communication: eblast, homepage, etc
- Variety of clubs and activities
- Responsive staff
- Trying to keep costs down
- Value for $
Where GVR Can Improve
- Money waste (Canoa Hills Clubhouse)
- Facility utilization—lack of effective plan in Corporate Policy Manual
- Increase governance info in GVR Now/print media for folks who do not access digital resources
- Improve annual billing—members did not get bills
- Address the needs of members who struggle to access facilities
- Lecture series (and Forum club)
Nuggets, Notions and Stray Thoughts Worth Considering
- Can GVR arrange to have the staff vaccinated like La Posada did?
- Use HOAs to distribute information
- Identify who needs to have news delivered vs. expensive mailing/delivery to all households
- When surveying, find out why people don’t vote