GVR Mask Policy
GVR’s mask policy aligns with Pima County’s as established on Friday, May 14:
Fully vaccinated individuals: not required to wear masks or maintain social distancing, though they may choose to do so.
Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals: it is recommended they continue to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
- Vaccination status is not a criteria for participation. GVR has not and does not require proof or attestation of vaccination against any illness, including Covid-19. GVR Clubs are expected to follow suit.
- This policy applies equally to members and staff.
- Members in fitness centers and club should continue to wipe down equipment after use.
- Capacity will increase in classrooms and meeting rooms, but extra space will be included to accommodate those who prefer or should maintain social distancing. Do not expect maximum pre-Covid capacities.
- Food and drink may now be served in the centers.
- Members, as always, participate at their own risk. Individuals must make their own assessment of risk based on their circumstances. Currently, the combined percentage of vaccinated individuals in the 85614 and 85622 zip codes is over 80%. (Click HERE for the data).
- Click HERE to read Pima County Resolution 2021-35
- Click HERE to read the Pima County Health Department Public Health Advisory dated May 14.
Covid-19 Vaccine Resources
Click HERE for schedule and registration info for all vaccination clinics run by Pima County.
Click HERE for information about vaccines at the Arizona Department of Health drive-through and walk-in sites at the University of Arizona in Tucson. Appointments no longer required!
Click HERE for information about all the local pharmacies that are administering vaccines.
Free testing for Covid-19 is being offered in a number of locations in Tucson. Click HERE for more information.
Public Health Resources
Click to Visit the Resources Below:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Covid-19
Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), Covid-19 data dashboard
ADHS requirements for opening gyms
ADHS benchmarks by county (to reopen fitness centers)
Pima County Department of Health, Covid-19
Pima County Ready for You program